NOW OFFERING WEEKEND WORKSHOPS AND PRIVATE SESSIONS!
Instructors: Jesse Atlas and Aaron Wolfe
Our short films have screened at Sundance, Tribeca, LA Film Festival, Fantastic Fest, Urbanworld, and countless more. Working with major studios, we have sold both adaptations of our short films and original short-form digital series.
In addition to our own success, we've seen hundreds of shorts. Some that launch careers and resonate with audiences, many that crash and burn. And here's what we can tell you:
It's not about what camera you use. It's not about how many visual effects you can afford, or that amazing steadicam shot. Sure, those things help, but...It's about STORY. It's about making SPECIFIC STORYTELLING CHOICES to create content that resonates.
And there's more to it than the story on the page and screen. What's the story of you? What's the story of your future career and goals? How do you align all of these elements to create a compelling conversation about yourself as a creator?
Today, there's plenty of filmmaking courses for you to choose from, but this workshop focuses specifically on the craft of storytelling — the countless techniques that short-form content creators are simply not thinking about, both on-screen and in their self-promotion.
With us, you'll learn how to:
- Refine your first draft or outline into a powerful, resonant story.
- Define your director/writer voice as it relates to your current project.
- Create strategy beyond the festival circuit and develop your short into a feature or series, including pitching techniques.
- Explore case studies of successful short-form to long-form crossovers.
- Receive one-on-one feedback from instructors on your pitch, treatment, or script.
- Engage in sustainable creative practices to grow both your content and business networks.
UPCOMING WEEKEND WORKSHOPS:
LOS ANGELES, OCT 27-28
LOS ANGELES, DEC TBA
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION